Education, Training and Experience of Lynn Workman Nodland, Ph.D., LP, MCC
Master Certified Coach and Psychologist
Lynn has helped many people and organizations to change, grow and reach success. Because of her extensive and varied education and experience, she is able to work with whatever clients present in their personal and/or professional life. She is an influential motivational coach, psychologist, marriage and family therapist, facilitator, trainer, author and speaker. She received her master’s and doctorate degrees from the University of Minnesota and did a two year post-doctoral internship with rotations in a hospital, clinics and schools. She has advanced training from The Coaches Training Institute and has taught coaching for MentorCoach, an accredited coaching program that trains psychologists and other professionals to be coaches. She is a mentor for other coaches to help them hone their skills and build their businesses. In addition, she has completed coach training programs in health coaching, executive coaching, personal coaching, business and group coaching.
She coaches locally, nationally and internationally. As the owner of The Balance Center and Lynn Workman Nodland, Ph.D. & Associates, Inc., she understands people and business. She has 30 years experience in the healthcare industry and has coached since 1991. Lynn’s clients refer to her as “The Velvet Hammer” for her ability to foster powerful, positive change through coaching that is incisive and direct, yet caring and respectful. Lynn is licensed as a psychologist and her doctorate in Psychology also includes a minor, Related Fields of Behavioral Medicine focusing on Body/Mind Interaction.
Working with physicians, executives and professionals, she coaches on developing strengths, leadership, communication and eliminating self-defeating behavior to reach peak potential. She was a trainer for the Authentic Happiness Coaching program with Martin Seligman, Ph.D. the author of the book, Authentic Happiness. This program helped over 400 people worldwide to become more happy and healthy and to develop grateful, meaningful lives.
- International Coach Federation (ICF) where she holds the highest certification of Master Certified Coach (MCC).
- Lynn has been a co-leader of the Global Forum for ICF.
- ICF Minnesota (formerly Minnesota Coaches Association)
- Minnesota Facilitators
- Toastmasters International
- American Psychological Association
Lynn is a Licensed Practitioner for Insights assessments which are used to identify strengths and blind spots, improve communication with coworkers/customers/patients, develop leadership and facilitate individuals and organizations to work more effectively to increase the bottom line. Leadership Effectiveness. She is also trained in DISC and has worked with MBTI and StrengthsFinder and 360 assessments. In addition, she does Psychological Testing and Assessments.
- Doctoral Dissertation: The Relationship of Psychosocial Variables with Cardiac Rehabilitation: A Psychophysiological Model, completed at Abbott-Northwestern Hospital and Minneapolis Heart Institute, 1987
- Co-Author with Stephen Covey, Ken Blanchard and Brian Tracey, Discover Your Inner Strength, 2010
- Contributing Author, Celebrating 365 Days of Gratitude, 2010 and Celebrating 365 Days of Gratitude, 2013 Ed.
- Former Hospital Affiliations as a Psychologist:
- Methodist Hospital, Minneapolis, MN, Eating Disorders Program
- Desert Vista Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona
Minnesota Women Physicians, Carlson School of Management, HealthEast Care System, Ridgeview Medical Center, WebKrew, J &L Steel, Inc., ESI Engineering, Inc. and many various other business organizations.